Any student needing financial assistance to attend 靠谱电子游艺网站 should apply for financial aid through the process outlined below.
记住: You must reapply for financial aid each academic year.
If you are a new 靠谱电子游艺网站 applicant, make certain that you contact the 招生 Office and follow their instructions regarding the admissions process. 应用ing for financial aid and applying for admission to 靠谱电子游艺网站 are separate processes. You should not wait for a response to your admissions application before applying for financial aid. Your data will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility when you have been officially accepted for admission.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
For the 金融援助 Office to determine your eligibility for need-based assistance, 你必须填妥 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The easiest way to apply for financial aid is to go FAFSA在网上 在线.
萨勒姆 联邦学校 代码:002960
Before beginning the FAFSA, you should 申请FSA ID 来自美国.S. 教育部. The FSA ID will allow you to sign your FAFSA electronically and also to correct your processed FAFSA information 在线, 如果有必要的话. If you are providing parent information on the FAFSA, one of your parents must also sign your application. To sign electronically, your parent must apply for his or her own FSA ID.
The priority filing date for all students is 3月1日.
资格 for Federal aid at 靠谱电子游艺网站 requires that you meet several criteria as follows:
- You must be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- You must certify that you are not in default on repayment of a Federal student loan and do not owe a repayment on a Federal grant.
- You must make satisfactory academic progress.
Notification of Federal and State 资格
在你提交FAFSA之后, you will receive notification from the Federal government in the form of a 学生资助报告(SAR). This form will provide you with your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the amount you and your family are expected to be able to contribute to the cost of your education, according to the standard Federal formula. It will also indicate if you are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.
Your eligibility for State aid may be sent by the Office of Higher Education in your state of residence. If you receive a notice from the North Carolina Higher Education Assistance Authority or from your appropriate state agency, it does not mean you are automatically eligible to receive a state grant. You must meet all criteria required by the state granting the award. You will be notified on your 金融援助 Award Letter from 靠谱电子游艺网站 if you qualify.
Verification of Student Aid Application
- 靠谱电子游艺网站学院或美国.S. 教育部 may select your application for a process called “verification.“作为核查的一部分, you will need to provide certain documents and information to verify that the information reported on your FAFSA is correct. If your FAFSA is selected, you will be contacted, via e-mail, by Inceptia’s Verification Gateway. They will let you know what additional documentation is required and provide you with instructions on how to e-mail or upload the documentation back to their office. Examples of additional documentation may include, but is not limited to: verification interview, parent and student tax transcripts, 和报税表的.
- You will also be asked to complete a worksheet regarding your income, 你的家庭规模, family members enrolled in post-secondary education, and untaxed income and benefits. You may also need to provide statements from agencies such as the Social Security Administration to verify benefits received.
- Be prepared to provide any required verification documentation as soon as possible. Failure to provide documentation means you will not receive federal or state aid, and you may not receive other need-based assistance.
- To complete the verification process, the documentation you provide will be reviewed, and any necessary corrections to your FAFSA data will be made. If your eligibility for financial aid changes based on these corrections, your financial aid package may be adjusted, and you will have to repay any portion of aid disbursed that you should not have received.
Any person who intentionally makes false statements or misrepresentations on a Federal aid application is violating the law and is subject to a fine, 监禁或两者兼有.